Piano Lessons with Albert Palmeter
I Teach You Piano
Piano lessons for everyone from children to concert artists. Albert Palmeter offers numerous techniques to help overcome the common hurdles that piano students encounter. He is one of the rare piano teachers that tailors his piano instruction to fit students of every age and level ability.
Mr. Palmeter shows students how to love the act of learning music by teaching them to savor the sound they produce. This gives them enjoyment while still in the process of learning a piece. He can also show them just how fascinating the creative problem-solving process can be.
42 Years of Experience
Free Trial Lesson
References are available.
Creative Piano Lessons, Specializing in:
- GUIDED PRACTICE SESSIONS: Step by step coaching on how to learn a piece of music, with well organized, effective strategies and study tools. You will learn how to achieve immediate results from your practicing and attain a satisfying learning experience. Many students waste much of their time by practicing incorrectly. I will teach you a practicing technique that provides solid and reliable progress.
- RELAXATION TECHNIQUE: Training in economic use of muscles, transforming gravity into your greatest ally for increasing stamina and endurance. Many people are unaware that muscular tension affects piano playing and contributes to slow progress at the piano. I have developed a way of training students to play with the ultimate relaxation and economy of muscular use.
- MUSIC THEORY AND HARMONY: Exciting foray into understanding the inner workings of music that greatly enhances your ability in memorization and interpretation. This makes the study of music far more interesting and also helps you to perceive the various patterns in music, which help in memorizing large sections of it at a time.
- IMPROVISATION AND COMPOSITION: It’s fun, it’s fascinating, it stretches the imagination and improves keyboard mastery. Everyone is creative. Therefore, I also offer training in composition and improvisation for those students who want to stretch their imagination skills, as well as expand their keyboard mastery.
- SIGHT READING: I bring together all the various aspects of music learning, whether they be technique, harmony or music reading, to enable you to play music by sight.
- COMPETITION PREPARATION: I have coached and accompanied instrumentalists in preparation for competitions.
Listen To Compositions by Albert Palmeter
(All compositions Copyright © 1982 Albert Palmeter)
Wind in the Trees 3:33
Raindrops from the Sun 3:56
Mood Piece 3:03
Listen To Performances by Albert Palmeter
Swan Lake Harp Part performed by Albert Palmeter on Keyboard with live orchestra.
Serving Many Areas of Washington County
His students come from many areas of Washington County and Northern Oregon. These include Beaverton, Aloha, Hillsboro, Tigard, Bethany, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Portland, Newberg, Lake Oswego, Raleigh Hills, Sherwood, Multnomah Village, Tualatin, Willamette, King City, Bull Mountain, Oak Hills, Triple Creek, Cedar Mill, Rockcreek, West slope, West Haven Sylvan, Cedar Hills, West Slope, Garden Home-Whitford, Metzger, Ashcreek, Sexton Mountain, Tanasborn, Somerset West, Meadow Oaks, West Beaverton, South Beaverton, Sherwood Tualatin-South, 503, 971.
Also available for live online piano lessons using Skype and a webcam.
Call to Reserve a Place in Albert’s Piano Studio
Piano lessons, music instruction, Albert Palmeter, Tom Palmeter, Palmeter Piano Studio